Sunday, October 30, 2011

More Adventures in Dyeing Yarn

On Friday, I dyed this yarn:

I dyed a total of 3 skeins of Patons Classic Wool (210 yards/skein) using a crock-pot, with yellow liquid food dye, Wilton's icing dyes in two different colors of blue and purple. I tied knots into different areas of the skein and put it back into the crock-pot in order to get the different colors. I also used plenty of vinegar which actually made the yarn soft!

Here is what I knit out of it:

I casted on 83 stitches and knit "away" in stockinette stitch until I almost ran out of yarn.

In the bind-off row, I dropped 1 stitch every 4 stitches.


It turned into a beautiful shawl! It is about 70" long and 25" wide.

1 comment:

  1. I dyed my first batch of wool.I have to tell you how exciting it was,The colors we are looking for our in our own house! Amazing.THe colors are pretty you chosen.
    Love your blog,Its helped me with some difficult stitches.
    Have a Wonderful Spring time! Its finally here in Ohio

    ReplyDelete